Reset Browser Settings to Default
There are times when a preference is difficult to find in the settings, or when you suspect that settings, apps, or extensions have been altered by a virus or bloatware, spyware or a phishing attack. To reset all settings of the browser, choose the browser below and follow the instructions.
Google Chrome (WINDOWS)
Note: Your saved bookmarks and passwords won’t be cleared or changed.
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings Advanced.
- On Chromebook, Linux, and Mac: Click Reset settings Restore settings to their original defaults Reset settings.
- On Windows: Click Reset and cleanup Reset settings to their original defaults Reset settings.
These steps won’t provide a full reset. For example, some settings like fonts or accessibility won’t be deleted.
Mozilla Firefox (WINDOWS) a.k.a. ‘Refresh Firefox’
- Click the menu button , click Help and select More Troubleshooting Information.
- Click Refresh Firefox then Refresh Firefox in the confirmation window that opens. Firefox will close to refresh itself.
- When finished, a window will list your imported information. Click the Finish button. Firefox will open.
- Select whether you want Firefox to restore all or some windows and tabs and click the Let’s go! button.